Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Back in Colorado!

Well it's been a lovely Christmas break so far. It started back in New Mexico where I stayed with the Merino family for a couple days before heading off to Colorado. I had a nice time and enjoyed game nights, Christmas gifts, good food, and of course just being with Lloyd.  Lloyd and I did our own exchanging of gifts and I got him some nice stretchy bike pants so he can look like a professional riding his bike. And he got me something I just absolutely love~ a diamond heart necklace.  He is so sweet to me and I loved it! So Christmas definitely got started off right seeing how I already got what I wanted.


Well then the festivities included Jades graduation party and I could hardly hold back tears saying good bye to Jade.  She has been in every one of my classes this semester, on my volleyball team, senior and captain with me, as well as just being one of my best friends.  I will miss her dearly and just love her! She is headed off to Tuscon to join the real world as they call it.  But I love my Jade!

Jade and I at her Graduation party. 
Now I am back in Colorado and missing my friends, but totally happy to be with my family for some time. I got to attend a dinner party at my aunt and uncles to celebrate my uncle and little cousin's birthday.  We ate Chicago style pizza and played the fun game of "Things"... and it was quite enjoyable.  Then we watched the Jim Carey version of the Christmas carol and while it was close to the book and a good movie, I just didn't like it as much and totally love my Muppet Christmas Carol WAY better.  My sister and brother in love are going to be leaving for Texas today so I am off to just have a nice quiet little Christmas till they get back and we can celebrate on New Years Eve.  They are officially enjoying their first Christmas were they had to adjust to both families. It will be quite the time when I have to adjust my schedule as well.  But for now I will enjoy my simplicity as it comes.

Yesterday my mom and I battled the huge wind of Colorado trying to do some last minute Christmas shopping for my dad.  We got him some cool little things I think he will enjoy.  But we enjoyed a nice Einsteins bagel and some coffee then got some presents for Lloyd and his mom (which they are going to love) and then raced around Colorado Springs searching for little things.  I do love mindless days of shopping with my mom, it's some of the greatest times.

Well now I must remove from my bed even though that's the last thing I would like to do today but the world of Colorado Springs awaits.

No comments:

Post a Comment