Monday, December 27, 2010

watching...

Do you ever feel like you are just stuck in one phase of your life and watching others get to experience the joys of the next phases of their lives?  I feel that way often, and lately I feel like I am just stuck watching and not being able to truly grasp the stage of life I'm in.   I need God to really guide my heart sometimes in being content where I am at and really seeing all the blessings I have in my life.   I find myself wishing to be at a different stage and I know that is not the best thing to do by wishing my life away. I feel like I just want to keep my heart busy so I won't feel disappointed.  It's a hard concept to fully grasp on my own and I felt like pouring these words out.

 I need to pray these things and make God the focus more than me.  Sometimes I want to be superwoman and just do it all on my own,  but lately God is showing me that alone I can't be happy and people can never fully satisfy love, it's God that fills the aches of humans and God who fills the wishes.  I just "wish" I could take that advice more often than I do...

Maybe it's the end of an intense stage in my life as far as volleyball or being in a low key setting right now, but I find myself a little sad at night and pondering what I should do to make things light up again for me.  It seems a new adventure is in need for my life... or maybe I need to embrace the stillness of life and maybe, just maybe, I'll hear the whisper of a powerful God trying to speak to me.

Photo I took in Albuquerque, NM  finding God's stillness 

No comments:

Post a Comment